in an emergency (999)

If you or a loved one is feeling suicidal or feel like you may hurt yourself or someone else please contact the Emergency Services (UK 999) or visit your local A&E department.

Mental Health Resources, UK

In England and Wales

NHS tel 111 (open 24 hr)

Samaritans tel 116 123 (open 24 hr)
(0808 164 0123 Cymraeg)


NHS tel 111 (open 24 hr)

Breathing Space tel 0800 838 587

Northern Ireland

Samaritans tel 116 123 (open 24 hr)

Lifeline tel 0808 808 8000 (open 24 hr)

Charities and Organisations

MIND, UK tel 0300 123 3393
MIND is a mental health charity who offer information and support to those affected by mental illness and their family. You can also text MIND at 86463.

b-eat tel 0845 364 1414
b-eat run a helpline for people living with eating disorders. They are also contactable by emailing

Anxiety UK tel 08444 775 774
Online information and telephone support for people living with Anxiety in the UK. 

No Panic tel 0844 967 4848
No Panic offer help, support and information to those living with anxiety disorders and panic attacks. Lines are open 10am-10pm, 365 days a year.

Cruse Bereavement tel 0844 477 9400
Cruse offer support, advice and information to those who are struggling to adjust to life after bereavement and their loved ones. 

CALM. tel 0800 585858
The Campaign Against Living Miserably offer support to men living with uncomfortable, distressing or suicidal thoughts. Their lines are open from 5pm until Midnight, 365 days a year. They also offer a 24 hr web chat service. 

Women's Aid tel 0808 200 247
Women's Aid offer help, support and advice to victims of domestic abuse. Their lines are open 24 hours a day, all year round and the advisers are specially trained to help ensure your confidence, safety and wellbeing. 

If you are a student you can visit Nightline's website to find out what mental health support your college or university has to offer. 


Switchboard tel 0300 330 0630
If you identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender, you can call switchboard to discuss problems you might be having. Their lines are open from 10am - 11pm, 365 days a year. 

Other Resources

For USA visit:

For Canada visit:

Live somewhere else? You can contact MIND charity. If they don't have services local to you, they will point you in the right direction. 



Know of any other helpful resources? 

I'm always on the lookout for organisations and charities that can help with mental health issues - please fill in the form below or email me ( 


Name *